Maximilian Franz Viktor Zdenko Marie Kurzweil (12 (13?) October 1867 Bisenz - 9 May 1916 Vienna) was an Austrian painter and printmaker. He moved near Vienna in 1879.
Related Paintings of Max Kurzweil :. | Allegory of Remorselessness | Taking a Walk | The Martyrdom of St Peter jg | The Second Eddystone Lighthouse | On the Sailing Boat |
Related Artists:ELIAERTS, Jan Frans
Flemish painter (b. 1761, Antwerpen, d. 1848, Antwerpen)Eunice Pinney
American Folk Artist, 1770-1849
She was a self-taught artist who, from about 1809 to 1826, devoted part of her time to producing a wide range of subjects in watercolour: landscape, genre, historical, biblical, allegorical and literary. Her distinctive style is solid and robust, with a strong sense of contrast and design. Problems in creating realistic form are apparent: faces are largely expressionless, and figures are stocky and two-dimensional. However, these difficulties are compensated for by fresh vigorous colour, bold pattern, artful composition and varied subject-matter. Pinney displayed the primitive artist's tendency to borrow and model from the best sources at hand: The Cotter's Saturday Night James Carroll Beckwith
(September 23, 1852 - October 24, 1917) was an American landscape, portrait and genre painter whose Impressionist style led to his recognition in the late nineteenth century as a prominent figure in American art.
Carroll Beckwith, as he preferred to be known, was born in Hannibal, Missouri on 23 September 1852, the son of N. M. Beckwith, who was United States Commissioner-General at the Paris Exposition of 1867. However, he grew up in Chicago where his father started a wholesale grocery business. In 1868 aged 16 he studied art at the Chicago Academy of Design under Walter Shirlaw until the great fire of 1871 destroyed eveything (including much of the heart of the city). He then went to New York and studied at the National Academy of Design (of which he afterwards became a member) in New York City under Lemuel Wilmarth and later traveled on to Paris, staying there from November 1873 until 1878.